If you need Emergency Assistance while you are in Brazil, please call the Philadelphia Assistance Centre on +1 215 942 8342
International SOS has significant experience in Brazil and maintains an updated network of assistance resources, supporting its members in the event of any medical or security incident in the country. International SOS has established a joint venture with the leading local assistance company, "International Health Care (IHC)", headquartered in the city of Río de Janeiro, delivering services throughout the country through two strategic locations, the Medical Response Center in Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro and one satellite offices in Macaé. The 24/7 Response Center operates with real-time video links to clients’ offshore and onshore installations. IHC provides medical topside support coverage with a dedicated team of medical staff, including cardiologists, critical care specialists, trauma surgeons, occupation health doctors, psychiatrists and nurses.
Regionally, IHC is able to assist and coordinate all care required and, in case of an emergency, to handle medical evacuation. Additionally, IHC has agreements in place with top accredited providers to fast-track priority access to treatment and dispatch ground or air ambulances in time. With medical access, as well as guarantees of payment (GOP) with the best clinics and hospitals in Brazil, International SOS and IHC can manage all medical cases closely, from the first call to the closure of the case. Through the extension of IHC’s infrastructure, it can execute management, communication and supply chain required for medical evacuations (Medevacs) at international quality standards and in accordance with regional regulations throughout the entire county.
Our services include:
- 24/7 Medical Assistance Centers with multilingual professional experts (English, Spanish and Portuguese)
- Medical and security assistance for domestic and international travel for local employees, expatriates and foreign staff assigned to projects
- Medical supply chain
- Travel tracking tool and reports
- Medical Evacuation (Medevac)
- Occupational Health: Fitness for work, pre-employment, regular, return to work exams as well as exit medical exams
- Medical Staffing and Security at Remote Sites
- Business vaccination counselling and coordination
- Development and implementation of health and security risk mitigation plans
- Health and security Training Programmes
- Coordination of laboratory tests
- Emotional and Mental Health support