If you need Emergency Assistance while you are in Suriname, please call the Philadelphia Assistance Centre on +1 215 942 8342
International SOS has been servicing its clients in Suriname since 2012, initially by servicing the mining industry and more recently the nascent Oil and Gas Offshore segment. We partnered with a locally renowned medical company offering a sound understanding of the local medical conditions and requirements.
In Suriname, medical care, including emergency medical care, is limited and does not meet international standards. Hygienic standards are low and most hospitals lack adequate medications and supplies. Serious medical conditions may require international evacuation. Generally, hospital conditions are not air conditioned. The official language is Dutch, but most doctors and medical staff also speak English. Food and water related infections are the most common issues affecting expatriates and travellers, and a vaccination and prevention plan are critical to mitigate risks. Also, planning for a range of other infectious diseases, such as Malaria, Yellow Fever, Dengue and Rabies should be considered.
- Arrangement of medical staffing (doctors, nurses, paramedics and technicians)
- Remote site medical services support
- Medical services and risk assessment related with the site or project
- Definition of response plans, protocols, implementation and operation for pandemics and infectious-contagious diseases
- Occupational Health, fitness for work and regulatory health advisory services
- Pre-employment, regular, return to work medical examinations and exit medical examinations
- Medical case management
- Arrangement of medical supply chain
- Medical emergencies response plan
- Medical evacuations and repatriations
- Patient transfer by ground and air ambulance
- Medical audits and assessments
- Vaccination plans
- Coordination of laboratory tests
- Regular reporting
- Emotional and mental health support.